From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade of hplip
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:47:18
1 Dale ha scritto:
2 > econti wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi all,
5 >> yesterday I upgraded hplip. I should not, after a bad experience on
6 >> FreeBSD.
7 >> But, while on FreeBSD I was able to downgrade to the previuos version,
8 >> I could not do the same on Gentoo.
9 >> The sequence:
10 >> - after upgrading hplip I ran hp-setup: the printer has been configured
11 >> - then I tried to print a page: the job starts but no printing at all
12 >> - thinking to have done something wrong I re-emerge hplip
13 >> - then I ran hp-setup: the printer is recognized but when I click on
14 >> Next button the program hangs and I have to kill it
15 >> - so I tried to configure the printer using cups with Firefox:
16 >> http://localhost:631 gives me "404 not found"
17 >> - a ping on 127.0.0.1 is successful and nmap on 127.0.0.1 tells me the
18 >> port 631 is open.
19 >>
20 >> May-be something wrong in /etc/cups/cupd.conf, but ... what?
21 >> Any tips?
22 >>
23 >> Why is it not possible to downgrade hplip to the previous version?
24 >>
25 >> Cheers
26 >>
27 >> emilio
32 > I ran into this the other day too. I deleted the cups directory in etc
33 > and reemerged cups and it worked fine. You could just rename the cups
34 > directory and reemerge cups if you wanted to save it, just in case.
35 >
36 > Hope that helps.
37 >
38 > Dale