From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade of hplip
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:21:51
1 econti wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > yesterday I upgraded hplip. I should not, after a bad experience on
4 > FreeBSD.
5 > But, while on FreeBSD I was able to downgrade to the previuos version,
6 > I could not do the same on Gentoo.
7 > The sequence:
8 > - after upgrading hplip I ran hp-setup: the printer has been configured
9 > - then I tried to print a page: the job starts but no printing at all
10 > - thinking to have done something wrong I re-emerge hplip
11 > - then I ran hp-setup: the printer is recognized but when I click on
12 > Next button the program hangs and I have to kill it
13 > - so I tried to configure the printer using cups with Firefox:
14 > http://localhost:631 gives me "404 not found"
15 > - a ping on 127.0.0.1 is successful and nmap on 127.0.0.1 tells me the
16 > port 631 is open.
17 >
18 > May-be something wrong in /etc/cups/cupd.conf, but ... what?
19 > Any tips?
20 >
21 > Why is it not possible to downgrade hplip to the previous version?
22 >
23 > Cheers
24 >
25 > emilio
29 I ran into this the other day too. I deleted the cups directory in etc
30 and reemerged cups and it worked fine. You could just rename the cups
31 directory and reemerge cups if you wanted to save it, just in case.
32
33 Hope that helps.
34
35 Dale