From: econti <contiemilio@×××××.it>
To: gentoo help <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Upgrade of hplip
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:04:32
1 Hi all,
2 yesterday I upgraded hplip. I should not, after a bad experience on FreeBSD.
3 But, while on FreeBSD I was able to downgrade to the previuos version, I
4 could not do the same on Gentoo.
5 The sequence:
6 - after upgrading hplip I ran hp-setup: the printer has been configured
7 - then I tried to print a page: the job starts but no printing at all
8 - thinking to have done something wrong I re-emerge hplip
9 - then I ran hp-setup: the printer is recognized but when I click on
10 Next button the program hangs and I have to kill it
11 - so I tried to configure the printer using cups with Firefox:
12 http://localhost:631 gives me "404 not found"
13 - a ping on 127.0.0.1 is successful and nmap on 127.0.0.1 tells me the
14 port 631 is open.
15
16 May-be something wrong in /etc/cups/cupd.conf, but ... what?
17 Any tips?
18
19 Why is it not possible to downgrade hplip to the previous version?
20
21 Cheers
22
23 emilio