From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage vs Qt
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 05:40:39
1 On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:06:00 -0500,
2 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >
4 > I just updated Qt5 to 5.6.2 & ran into a familiar Portage problem.
5 >
6 > The emerge command responds with a list of "conflicts",
7 > all involving 5.6.1 vs 5.6.2 versions of the c 15 pkgs.
8 > The only way to get around this is to unmerge the existing pkgs via '-C',
9 > then install the new versions. That works, but it's brute force.
10 >
11 > Portage sb able to resolve this kind of conflict for itself.
12 > If not, then at least it should advise users intelligently
13 > to do what I've just described. It can happen with other sets of pkgs.
14 >
15 > Yes, I did do 'backtrack==30'.
16 >
17 > Before I send in a bug, does anyone else have useful comments ?
18
19 I wonder if a larger backtrack=120 or higher would fix your problem or
20 get portage to detect the blocks? 30 seems hardly enough these days.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici