From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage vs Qt
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 05:49:55
1 John Covici wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 00:06:00 -0500,
3 > Philip Webb wrote:
4 >> I just updated Qt5 to 5.6.2 & ran into a familiar Portage problem.
5 >>
6 >> The emerge command responds with a list of "conflicts",
7 >> all involving 5.6.1 vs 5.6.2 versions of the c 15 pkgs.
8 >> The only way to get around this is to unmerge the existing pkgs via '-C',
9 >> then install the new versions. That works, but it's brute force.
10 >>
11 >> Portage sb able to resolve this kind of conflict for itself.
12 >> If not, then at least it should advise users intelligently
13 >> to do what I've just described. It can happen with other sets of pkgs.
14 >>
15 >> Yes, I did do 'backtrack==30'.
16 >>
17 >> Before I send in a bug, does anyone else have useful comments ?
18 > I wonder if a larger backtrack=120 or higher would fix your problem or
19 > get portage to detect the blocks? 30 seems hardly enough these days.
22 I set mine to 100 at least a year ago. As you say, 30 just didn't go
23 quite deep enough in some situations. It takes emerge longer to resolve
24 it but it seems to resolve it better which is better than being fast but
25 not able to complete the job.
26
27 Dale
28