From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Buffer overflow and nvclock terminates.
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:30:38
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 10/20/2010 05:32 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Hi folks,
4 >>
5 >> While checking some things earlier today I ran into a little issue.
6 >> It seems glibc, nvclock or something has a issue and I'm not sure
7 >> which one it would be. System info:
8 >
9 >> So, is this nvclock? Is it gcc? Is it glibc? Is it something else? I
10 >> haven't seen this with any other program so I'm thinking nvidia but
11 >> I'm using the only version that provides nvclock in the tree. Sort of
12 >> stuck here.
13 >
14 > Does nvclock require X to be running? If not, try running it from a
15 > console.
16 > If nvclock is an X application you could try using a different video
17 > driver
18 > like nv or vesa to rule out nvidia.
22 I tried this in a Console, a Konsole as both root and a user. I get the
23 same error.
24
25 I also noticed there was a keyworded version of glibc that looked like
26 the version I was running with a bug fix. I upgraded to it and still
27 get the same error.
28
29 I'm not sure what else to try since I don't know what is broke.
30
31 Still open to ideas tho.
32
33 Dale