From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unkillable processes
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:27:51
1 "kill -9 -1" should just kill all her processes, even the Xsession
2 that she owns, and restart X. I would restart your manager (xdm, gdm)
3 just to be sure.
4
5 While you have your gnome locked, you could check what is running and
6 if any process is defunct at console, so you would know wich app
7 and/or gnome process caused the problem.
8
9 I would bet in hardware issues like anyone before, but only if that
10 happened to all accounts randomly (bad memory, processor overheated,
11 faulty disk, etc), but as it only happens to her account, you must
12 check software, and I bet (of course) Gnome.
13
14 Try switching manager for her (KDE, Fluxbox, any) and see if it
15 happens there too.
19 Daniel da Veiga
20 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list