From: Shawn Singh <callmeshawn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unkillable processes
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:56:59
1 Do you and your wife have separate logons and if so, does this only happen
2 when she is logged into her account using Gnome?
3
4 In the past I've seen problems on my sisters' computer that sound similiar
5 to what you've described and I've blown way the files that are created with
6 Gnome is setup (this is on a box running Mandrake 9.2) the next time one of
7 them logs in the files get recreated and this usually resolves the issue,
8 and in times when it didn't work (because I just didn't seem to be hitting
9 the nail on the head), I backed up their "stuff" (docs and so forth) created
10 a new login for them, put their "stuff" into their new home and let them use
11 it and if the problem went away, I'd just let them use this new login, or
12 blow away their home dir and recover it with the copy.
13
14 While it's certainly not elegant, it usually resolves their issues pretty
15 quickly.
16
17 Hope this helps,
18