From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libstdc++.so.6 - another gcc upgrade problem?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:27:19
1 On 9/6/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > For fluxbox...I know nothing about it so hopefully others will have
3 > > some advice here.
4 >
5 > I looked into the themes that seem to have trouble with respect to font size.
6 > I noticed that they use lucida. However, lucida does not show up when I look
7 > at xfontsel (under fmly). xfontsel seems to go into some funny loop
8 > saying "Processing fonts". What's up with this? Would it be freetype or
9 > Xorg related?
10
11 Ok, I *think* if you build fluxbox with USE=truetype, it will use the
12 freetype library to lookup and render fonts. This would be the good
13 thing.
14
15 Without this flag, it probably uses the FontPath from the X server to
16 locate and render them. So make sure you have truetype in USE for
17 fluxbox.
18
19 In both cases, for lucida fonts you probably need
20 "media-fonts/lfpfonts-fix" installed.
21
22 Donnie is the X-pert (:-)) on this...hoping he'll chime-in here.
23
24 -Richard
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list