From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libstdc++.so.6 - another gcc upgrade problem?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:27:56
1 On Tuesday 05 September 2006 23:48, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > It looks ok to me...but I suppose maybe the theme you have chosen is
4 > not being used? Have you tried running the KDE control center
5 > (kcontrol) to reset your themes?
6
7 OK, it seems that when you emerge qt some widgets could get broken. Kcontrol
8 did not list them all. The revdep-rebuild cycle fixed the list and I can now
9 select plastik etc. It seems that I must have downloaded some additional KDE
10 theme(s) in the past because my progress/scroll bars etc used to be yellow
11 (OK girls, that's a 'soft-beige with hints of honey-dew'). :-))
12
13 > For fluxbox...I know nothing about it so hopefully others will have
14 > some advice here.
15
16 I looked into the themes that seem to have trouble with respect to font size.
17 I noticed that they use lucida. However, lucida does not show up when I look
18 at xfontsel (under fmly). xfontsel seems to go into some funny loop
19 saying "Processing fonts". What's up with this? Would it be freetype or
20 Xorg related?
21
22 > > $ kdestart
23 > > -bash: kdestart: command not found
24 >
25 > Hey, me too!
26
27 Funny thing this! After a good night's sleep I do not seem to experience
28 <aheam> problems when I try to start KDE. Thanks for your help.
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick