From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More ALSA trouble
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 19:19:43
1 On Sunday 01 January 2006 22:09, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 >
3 > I think you're missing the point. I'm trying to compile ALSA into my
4 > kernel so that I don't have to use alsa-driver. I want to do this
5 > because there is some stuff on the wiki for setting up MythTV that
6 > requires setting capture card options in the kernel (which requires ALSA
7 > to be compiled into the kernel) and I don't know how to do that with
8 > alsa-driver...
9 >
10 Are you using this wiki here?
11 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV#Kernel_Configuration
12
13 If yes then it is not a MUST to compile ALSA support like what is mentioned in
14 the article. You can compile ALSA separately using the alsa-driver package
15 and the module you require i.e. snd-bt87x will be compiled for you by emerge
16 but if you want to follow the guide word-by-word then you can edit
17 your /etc/modules.d/alsa according to what I posted earlier and hope that it
18 works. snd-hda-intel started working only after >1.0.9 version and I am not
19 sure which version of ALSA is kernel 2.6.14 using.
20
21 Regards,
22 Abhay