From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More ALSA trouble
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 16:42:50
1 On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 13:52 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:
2 > On Sunday 01 January 2006 06:03, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > >
4 > > What about your kernel config? And you don't use alsa-driver? I've
5 > > discovered something disturbing: I used the same ALSA kernel config
6 > > that worked in kernel 2.6.14-gentoo-r4 in 2.6.14-gentoo-r5, except in r5
7 > > ALSA didn't work. Why is this? Will you please send me your kernel
8 > > config, or at least the parts of it that would affect ALSA???
9 > >
10 > I am not using ALSA drivers from kernel rather have the Hard Masked driver
11 > package installed. The drivers from official kernel don't work for me.
12 >
13 > Kernel Config
14 > ----------------------------------------------
15 > #
16 > # Sound
17 > #
18 > CONFIG_SOUND=y
19 >
20 > #
21 > # Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
22 > #
23 > # CONFIG_SND is not set
24 > ----------------------------------------------
25 >
26 > ALSA drivers installed separately.
27 > # emerge -pv alsa-driver
28 > [ebuild R ] media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.11_rc1 -doc +oss 0 kB
29 >
30 > iirc you posted your ALSA troubles on list earlier as well. May be you
31 > installed ALSA drivers separately last time but did not recompile the driver
32 > package after updating this kernel?
33 >
34 > Regards,
35 > Abhay
36
37 I think you're missing the point. I'm trying to compile ALSA into my
38 kernel so that I don't have to use alsa-driver. I want to do this
39 because there is some stuff on the wiki for setting up MythTV that
40 requires setting capture card options in the kernel (which requires ALSA
41 to be compiled into the kernel) and I don't know how to do that with
42 alsa-driver...
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list