From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More ALSA trouble
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 08:24:34
1 On Sunday 01 January 2006 06:03, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 >
3 > What about your kernel config? And you don't use alsa-driver? I've
4 > discovered something disturbing: I used the same ALSA kernel config
5 > that worked in kernel 2.6.14-gentoo-r4 in 2.6.14-gentoo-r5, except in r5
6 > ALSA didn't work. Why is this? Will you please send me your kernel
7 > config, or at least the parts of it that would affect ALSA???
8 >
9 I am not using ALSA drivers from kernel rather have the Hard Masked driver
10 package installed. The drivers from official kernel don't work for me.
11
12 Kernel Config
13 ----------------------------------------------
14 #
15 # Sound
16 #
17 CONFIG_SOUND=y
18
19 #
20 # Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
21 #
22 # CONFIG_SND is not set
23 ----------------------------------------------
24
25 ALSA drivers installed separately.
26 # emerge -pv alsa-driver
27 [ebuild R ] media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.11_rc1 -doc +oss 0 kB
28
29 iirc you posted your ALSA troubles on list earlier as well. May be you
30 installed ALSA drivers separately last time but did not recompile the driver
31 package after updating this kernel?
32
33 Regards,
34 Abhay