From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge building a binary from installed package
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:37:59
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag 22 Mai 2010, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I think there is a way to do this but it's not sticking out at me on the
7 >> emerge man page. I'm doing a install and want to build a binary package
8 >> from my running system and install it on the new install. Basically, I
9 >> don't want to recompile, I just want emerge to copy the correct files
10 >> and make a tarball for me.
11 >>
12 >> I found the buildpkg option but that seems to compile it first then make
13 >> a tarball. Can I get it to skip the compile part? Is that a option
14 >> that portage has?
15 >>
16 >> Thanks.
17 >>
18 >> Dale
19 >>
20 >> :-) :-)
21 >>
22 > quickpkg.
23 >
24 > Which has been mentioned hundreds of times on this list alone.
28 That's not portage but it will work just fine and is what I am looking
29 for. I just need to read the right man page next time. ;-)
30
31 Thanks much.
32
33 Dale