From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge building a binary from installed package
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 08:38:51
1 On Samstag 22 Mai 2010, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I think there is a way to do this but it's not sticking out at me on the
5 > emerge man page. I'm doing a install and want to build a binary package
6 > from my running system and install it on the new install. Basically, I
7 > don't want to recompile, I just want emerge to copy the correct files
8 > and make a tarball for me.
9 >
10 > I found the buildpkg option but that seems to compile it first then make
11 > a tarball. Can I get it to skip the compile part? Is that a option
12 > that portage has?
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
19
20 quickpkg.
21
22 Which has been mentioned hundreds of times on this list alone.