From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: entrance login fails
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 13:01:02
1 On Sunday 19 Feb 2017 12:03:33 Mick wrote:
2 > I am guessing there is something not being set in the /etc/pam.d/entrance
3 > file which was installed with entrance. I am getting a wrong credentials
4 > error, when both my username and passwd are entered correctly.
5 >
6 > This is the file installed by entrance:
7 >
8 > $ cat /etc/pam.d/entrance
9 > #%PAM-1.0
10 > auth requisite pam_nologin.so
11 > auth required pam_env.so readenv=1
12 > auth required pam_env.so readenv=1 envfile=/etc/default/locale
13 > @include common-auth
14 > auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
15 > @include common-account
16 > session required pam_limits.so
17 > @include common-session
18 > session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
19 > @include common-password
22 > In contrast the sddm pam file looks like this:
23 >
24 > $ cat /etc/pam.d/sddm
25 > #%PAM-1.0
26 >
27 > auth include system-login
28 > account include system-login
29 > password include system-login
30 > session include system-login
31 > -auth optional pam_kwallet.so kdehome=.kde4
32 > -auth optional pam_kwallet5.so
33 > -session optional pam_kwallet.so
34 > -session optional pam_kwallet5.so auto_start
37 > The sddm pam file works fine, but I do not want to start hacking the
38 > entrance pam file without understainding what all these pam_foo.so
39 > directives do. What do you suggest I need to change in it to make pam like
40 > my user/passwd?
41 >
42 > PS. I do not use Gnome on this box.
43
44 I had a look at /var/log/messages and then commented out entries in
45 /etc/pam.d/entrance about gnome and @include, because they were causing
46 errors.
47
48 Then added some of the syntax I borrowed from the sddm pam file, but I do not
49 know if the final entrance pam file is correct/safe enough. In any case it
50 allows me to login:
51
52 #%PAM-1.0
53 #auth requisite pam_nologin.so
54 #auth required pam_env.so readenv=1
55 auth include system-login
56 auth required pam_env.so
57 account include system-login
58 #auth required pam_env.so readenv=1 envfile=/etc/default/locale
59 #@include common-auth
60 #auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
61 #@include common-account
62 session include system-login
63 session required pam_unix.so
64 session required pam_limits.so
65 #@include common-session
66 #session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
67 #@include common-password
68 -auth optional pam_kwallet.so kdehome=.kde4
69 -auth optional pam_kwallet5.so
70 -session optional pam_kwallet.so
71 -session optional pam_kwallet5.so auto_start
72
73 Please let me know if something in the above is incorrect/dangerous ...
76 Regards,
77 Mick