From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] entrance login fails
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:04:02
1 I am guessing there is something not being set in the /etc/pam.d/entrance file
2 which was installed with entrance. I am getting a wrong credentials error,
3 when both my username and passwd are entered correctly.
4
5 This is the file installed by entrance:
6
7 $ cat /etc/pam.d/entrance
8 #%PAM-1.0
9 auth requisite pam_nologin.so
10 auth required pam_env.so readenv=1
11 auth required pam_env.so readenv=1 envfile=/etc/default/locale
12 @include common-auth
13 auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
14 @include common-account
15 session required pam_limits.so
16 @include common-session
17 session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
18 @include common-password
21 In contrast the sddm pam file looks like this:
22
23 $ cat /etc/pam.d/sddm
24 #%PAM-1.0
25
26 auth include system-login
27 account include system-login
28 password include system-login
29 session include system-login
30 -auth optional pam_kwallet.so kdehome=.kde4
31 -auth optional pam_kwallet5.so
32 -session optional pam_kwallet.so
33 -session optional pam_kwallet5.so auto_start
36 The sddm pam file works fine, but I do not want to start hacking the entrance
37 pam file without understainding what all these pam_foo.so directives do. What
38 do you suggest I need to change in it to make pam like my user/passwd?
39
40 PS. I do not use Gnome on this box.
41 --
42 Regards,