From: Catalin Trifu <catalin@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PHP and PEAR
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 21:08:11
1 Hi,
2
3 I think I did not said things correctly.
4 If I try to emerge any PEAR package, to install it the system tries to
5 use /usr/bin/pear which does not get installed exactly because PHP is compiled
6 without PEAR. I mean the pear core which can be used to install other pear packages.
7 Actually if you look in the php5-sapi-r3.eclass you will see something like this:
8
9 rm -rf ${D}/usr/bin/{phpize,php-config,pear}
10 rm -rf ${D}/usr/lib/php/build
11 rm -rf ${D}/usr/include/php
12
13 It seems the installation of the latest php, which I use (it's devel system and I want
14 to have the latest possible PHP to test and develop for the future:)) deletes the pear stuff.
15 As I said previously, I could tweak the .eclass myself but I don't want to do that since
16 I would have to do it on every upgrade.
17 That is why I would have preffered to have a clear option whether to install PEAR upon
18 PHP installation or not in the form of a USE flag. This would be the nicest and cleanest way.
19
20 Catalin
23 Craig Duncan wrote:
24 > Catalin Trifu wrote:
27 >> Hi,
28 >>
29 >> I have PHP unmasked in package.unmask, so when I install it I get PHP 5.1.0b2
30 >>which is exactly what i want.
31 >> But there is not PEAR installed with it, which is not what I want. There
32 >>is no USE flag to install PEAR or not. I looked in /usr/portage/eclass/php5-sapi.eclass and
33 >>in php5-sapi_src_compile I found:
34 >>
35 >> php5-sapi_is_providerbuild || my_conf="${my_conf} --without-pear"
36 >>
37 >> I have no idea where php5-sapi_is_prviderbuild comes from.
38 >> Is there a way to install pear without tweaking the .eclass file because it gets overwritten
39 >>every time emerge sync ?
40 >> Perhaps a USE flag would be much more appropiate that the internal flag.
43 >>Catalin
48 > All pear packages are in separate ebuilds, either lok in
49 > /usr/portage/dev-php or use
50 > $ esearch PEAR-
51 >
52 > to find all available pear packages on your system.
53 >
54 > Craig
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list