From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome 3.2.2 Block
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:17:11
1 Well I now have it all completely working and dumped my findings here:
2
3 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/HOWTO_Gnome_3
4
5 Hopefully it helps the next person coming to Gnome 3 from a fresh install.
6
7 On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com> wrote:
8
9 > I was getting that error after syncing late last night. Here is the
10 > information I got on the situation that prompted me to remove
11 > introspection from :2
12 >
13 > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/241030
14 >
15 > However after reading that more thoroughly and not having my system in
16 > front of me I think I might not have unmasked the latest version of
17 > pygobject:2 which uses the introspection flag not to build
18 > introspection support, but to automatically pull in pygobject:3 for
19 > it.
20 >
21 > I'm probably trying to build the old pygobject with built-in
22 > introspection support which conflicts with introspection in :3.
23 >
24 > So I think I finally figured out all my problems, I'll get home
25 > tonight after work and give it a try. Hopefully someone will Google
26 > this list and find this helpful, if not confusing.