From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problems with slack and zoom: Was: ALSA wizard...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:02:46
1 On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > setup of pulseaudio is still sketchy, but it is encouraging. I don't
5 > > know about apulse. I suppose its purpose is to use pure ALSA while
6 > > tricking apps into believing they are interacting with pulseaudio?
10 > Yes. It is a solution for applications who have been coded to expect/use
11 > pulse and are now run in a system without pulse installed.
12
13 Good to know. I'll kep trying to tame pulseaudio, for now (one thing at a time!)
14
15 Thanks
16
17 Jorge