From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problems with slack and zoom: Was: ALSA wizard...
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:57:07
1 On Tuesday, 28 April 2020 12:09:17 BST Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 11:32 AM Nuno Silva <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
3 > > On 2020-04-26, Jorge Almeida wrote:
4 > > > On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 8:28 PM Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
5 wrote:
6 > > >> On 2020.04.26 15:08, Jorge Almeida wrote:
7 > > Any chance apulse works?
8 > >
9 > > I don't use slack, discord or zoom, but last time I used software that
10 > > required pulseaudio (skype), apulse was enough.
11 >
12 > The problems with slack and zoom is that I can't emerge the latter,
13 > due to the ebuild requiring borking qt stuff, so I can't even test it.
14 > As for slack, the window is unresponsive, so no way to check sound.
15 > Meanwhile, I managed to have discord working with pulseaudio. The
16 > setup of pulseaudio is still sketchy, but it is encouraging. I don't
17 > know about apulse. I suppose its purpose is to use pure ALSA while
18 > tricking apps into believing they are interacting with pulseaudio?
19 >
20 > Jorge Almeida
21
22 Yes. It is a solution for applications who have been coded to expect/use
23 pulse and are now run in a system without pulse installed.