From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange behaviour in quite special case
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 22:56:28
1 On Monday, 18 September 2017 14:13:44 BST Francisco Ares wrote:
2
3 > After days and days struggling,
4
5 I know what you mean. I've spent weeks wrestling with KMail. That included
6 losing e-mails, falling behind in conversations and so on.
7
8 > I finally upgraded to the newest stable kernel and updated every package
9 > with a "emerge -e", just in case, twice! Then, rebuilt the kernel again.
10 >
11 > So, like a charm, everything got back to work as before.
12
13 My technique in such cases is to emerge @system, then recompile the kernel,
14 reboot on it and emerge -e world --exclude="gcc gentoo-sources". Seems to
15 have worked out all right so far. You could omit the exclusion if you're
16 even more paranoid than KMail has made me.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.