From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screen: Cannot open your terminal '/dev/tty1' - please check [Update]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 22:28:38
1 On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:16:28 -0400, German wrote:
2
3 > after searching, I found the following solution to chmod tty1, like so:
4 > chmod o+rw /dev/tty1 and this worked, I was able to use screen as a
5 > user, however it doesn't stay permanently; after reboot, I got the same
6 > problem. How to chmod tty1 so changes stay permenently? Thanks
7
8 /dev/tty1 is already group writeable, so you should get the same result
9 by adding your user to the tty group.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 A Smith & Weason beats Four Aces everytime.