From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: unwanted msgs from cron after upgrade : solved
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:11:07
1 131230 James wrote:
2 > Philip Webb <purslow <at> ca.inter.net> writes:
3 >> Yesterday I did my usual Sat system update, emerging new versions of
4 >> libassuan HTTP-Cookies dialog curl coreutils binutils procps virtual/man .
5 >> Today after restarting the system, mail continues to be downloaded normally,
6 >> my mailbox is receiving notices every 5 min from my cron mail job :
7 > I've been reading about many folks upgrading the deprecated "cron"
8 > to the maintained "cronie". You might want to read re /sys-process/cronie.
9
10 Thanks for the suggestion & sorry for the noise.
11 The problem was a planned power outage which affected the server ;
12 all is now back to normal.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca