From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 05:28:26
1 Kevin Brandstatter wrote:
2 > I've had the same problem.
3 > it seems setting DARK=true in .eixrc fixes the problem of the almost
4 > black on black background for me
5 >
6 > -Kevin
9 Oh thank you so much. That worked like a charm. For those needing a
10 example, here you go. In my /root directory I put this .eixrc file:
11
12 # BOOLEAN
13 # This variable is only used for delayed substitution in COLORSCHEME{,_ALT}.
14 # If true, the "dark" color schemes (for black background) are selected.
15 DARK=true
16
17 # STRING
18 # If TERM_ALT does not match, this chooses the corresponding color of
19 # color specifications (starting from 0).
20 COLORSCHEME="%{?DARK}0%{else}2%{}"
21
22 # STRING
23 # If TERM_ALT matches, this chooses the corresponding color of
24 # color specifications (starting from 0).
25 COLORSCHEME_ALT="%{?DARK}1%{else}3%{}"
28 I have my konsole set to a black background and I can see this really
29 well. I changed colors just to make sure but everything seems to be
30 there like it was before the change happened.
31
32 So, copy and paste away.
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!