From: Kevin Brandstatter <kjbrandstatter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 02:17:02
1 I've had the same problem.
2 it seems setting DARK=true in .eixrc fixes the problem of the almost black
3 on black background for me
4
5 -Kevin
8 On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
9
10 > Mark Knecht wrote:
11 > > On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
12 > >> Howdy,
13 > >>
14 > >> I was using eix a bit ago and I noticed the colors have changed. Since
15 > >> I like to have white text and a black background, this is not working to
16 > >> well for me. It seems some of the output is black text. Put black text
17 > >> on a black background and I have missing text, usually the very thing I
18 > >> am looking for. I have looked for a config somewhere in /etc but can't
19 > >> find where this is set. I found where other colors are set but not for
20 > >> eix.
21 > >>
22 > >> Anyone have a hint as to where this is set or is it hard coded into eix?
23 > >>
24 > >> Thanks much.
25 > >>
26 > >> Dale
27 > > Dale,
28 > > If you (or someone else) finds a nice concise setting for
29 > > terminals that are black background, white text, I hope you'll post if
30 > > back. I'm not going to have time to look at this right now but like
31 > > you hate the way black on black text is looking! ;-)
32 > >
33 > > Cheers,
34 > > Mark
38 > Well, I'm sort of tied up at the moment. In the process of picking out
39 > a rifle. I can only afford to do this once for a good long while so I
40 > got to pick a good one. Anyway, I tried the settings Helmut posted, it
41 > didn't work. I think the version I have installed doesn't allow that so
42 > I may have to upgrade it to test. I also took a look at the eix man
43 > page. I went like this: O_O I also CC'd myself on the bug and the dev
44 > is working on it like a bee making honey. I think he is about to revert
45 > back to the old way since it is causing him grief. If he does, then we
46 > will be happy and someone else can cry over the spilt milk. lol
47 >
48 > If I figure out something or Helmut's config works, I'll post back.
49 >
50 > Dale
51 >
53 >
54 > --
55 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
56 > how you interpreted my words!