From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix and bad colors.
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 23:28:02
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> I was using eix a bit ago and I noticed the colors have changed. Since
6 >> I like to have white text and a black background, this is not working to
7 >> well for me. It seems some of the output is black text. Put black text
8 >> on a black background and I have missing text, usually the very thing I
9 >> am looking for. I have looked for a config somewhere in /etc but can't
10 >> find where this is set. I found where other colors are set but not for
11 >> eix.
12 >>
13 >> Anyone have a hint as to where this is set or is it hard coded into eix?
14 >>
15 >> Thanks much.
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 > Dale,
19 > If you (or someone else) finds a nice concise setting for
20 > terminals that are black background, white text, I hope you'll post if
21 > back. I'm not going to have time to look at this right now but like
22 > you hate the way black on black text is looking! ;-)
23 >
24 > Cheers,
25 > Mark
29 Well, I'm sort of tied up at the moment. In the process of picking out
30 a rifle. I can only afford to do this once for a good long while so I
31 got to pick a good one. Anyway, I tried the settings Helmut posted, it
32 didn't work. I think the version I have installed doesn't allow that so
33 I may have to upgrade it to test. I also took a look at the eix man
34 page. I went like this: O_O I also CC'd myself on the bug and the dev
35 is working on it like a bee making honey. I think he is about to revert
36 back to the old way since it is causing him grief. If he does, then we
37 will be happy and someone else can cry over the spilt milk. lol
38
39 If I figure out something or Helmut's config works, I'll post back.
40
41 Dale
42
46 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!