From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fragmentation of my drives. Curious mostly
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 06:50:49
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >
3 > Only a proper analysis of your files will tell you this. It's easy enough to
4 > check for individual file fragmentation and get stats on that before you do
5 > the copy-off/copy-back.
11 This is interesting. I am starting a new install on my backup drive.
12 I'm part way through the install, fetching all the KDE stuff right now.
13 This is what I got from the little frag script:
14
15 root@smoker / # /root/fragck.pl /backup/
16 0.953336175120985% non contiguous files, 1.02414182192021 average fragments.
17 root@smoker / #
18
19 Less than 1% is my starting point I guess. This currently has ext3 on
20 it. I did start out with a freshly formatted file system. Also, this
21 is all on one big partition at the moment.
22
23 I'll post later what it says after compiling a few packages. I figure
24 KDE should stir up something. LOL
25
26 Dale
27