From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: update world but just kde-2.5 not other versions
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 02:06:30
1 Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > As we are at it: I'm used to switch to another virtual console and doing
4 > a startx -- :1 as a different user to start a second KDE session for
5 > testing purposes. Unfortunately this still starts KDE 3.3 instead of
6 > 3.4.
7 >
8 > I opened startx in vi but to be honest I'm not a master in reading
9 > complex shell scripts.
10
11 Wrong script to edit..
12 Make sure the test user has a file named .xinitrc in home directory
13 that has something like this in it:
14
15 cat /home/otherU/.xinitrc
16
17 ## start .xinitrc
18
19 exec /usr/kde/3.4/bin/startkde
20
21 ## end .xinitrc
22
23 Or whatever version you need to run. You may need to find the exact
24 location of the `startkde' script in each version directory structure.
25 I doubt it is any different for each version but may as well make
26 sure:
27
28 find /usr/kde -naem 'startkde'
29
30 will get you that information. Then insert the absolute path to
31 startkde in whatever version you want to test.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list