From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update world but just kde-2.5 not other versions
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:53:49
1 Hi,
4 > Shows several kde-3.5 and several kde-3.4.3 (I'm currently running
5 > 3.4.1).  There has been discussion here about slots but I didn't
6 > notice anyone asking about or telling about how to avoid this
7 > unecessary double whammy.
8
9 uhm. I just emerged KDE 3.4.3 and thanks to your post I just noticed
10 that there still seem to exist some KDE 3.1 and 3.3 packages (at least
11 I see /usr/kde/3.1 and 3.3 which both contain files).
12
13 What is the proper way to delete them?
14
15 As we are at it: I'm used to switch to another virtual console and doing
16 a startx -- :1 as a different user to start a second KDE session for
17 testing purposes. Unfortunately this still starts KDE 3.3 instead of
18 3.4.
19
20 I opened startx in vi but to be honest I'm not a master in reading
21 complex shell scripts.
24 Thanks & best regards
27 ce
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list