From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] update world but just kde-2.5 not other versions
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:51:09
1 On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:50:04 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
2
3 > > Shows several kde-3.5 and several kde-3.4.3 (I'm currently running
4 > > 3.4.1).  There has been discussion here about slots but I didn't
5 > > notice anyone asking about or telling about how to avoid this
6 > > unecessary double whammy.
7
8 This has been covered several times in those threads. After merging 3.5,
9 and ensuring it works, you can prune older versions.
10
11 > uhm. I just emerged KDE 3.4.3 and thanks to your post I just noticed
12 > that there still seem to exist some KDE 3.1 and 3.3 packages (at least
13 > I see /usr/kde/3.1 and 3.3 which both contain files).
14
15 Also covered in those threads. If any files are modified after
16 installation, portage will not remove them. As KDE keeps config files in
17 /usr/kde/version (more accurately, in $KDEDIR), those few files will
18 not be removed. Check the directories with du, they probably only contain
19 a few KB.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 WinErr 00F: Unexplained error - Please tell us how this happened