From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: update world but just kde-2.5 not other versions
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:55:58
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:50:04 +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:
4 >
5 >> > Shows several kde-3.5 and several kde-3.4.3 (I'm currently running
6 >> > 3.4.1).  There has been discussion here about slots but I didn't
7 >> > notice anyone asking about or telling about how to avoid this
8 >> > unecessary double whammy.
9 >
10 > This has been covered several times in those threads. After merging 3.5,
11 > and ensuring it works, you can prune older versions.
12
13 Yes, I saw that coverage at least once myself. I tried to ask a
14 slightly different question. Its one thing to prune older versions
15 but another to install two newer versions on the same emerge. Only
16 to prune one after wards.
17
18 I will be installing both kde-kde/base-3.4.3 and kde-kde/base-3.5
19 during the same emerge. Both are terribly slow compiling creatures.
20 So I'll have twice the time chewed up.
21
22 I was asking if I can head that off somehow. I'll still have 3.4.1 to
23 prune along the lines covered in the threads you mention, as well.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list