From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6 upgrade howto
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:15:42
1 On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:34:57 -0500 (EST), Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2
3 > The Gentoo docs say for 2.6 simply do make && make modules_install. I
4 > think I tried the make install and got an warning message.
7 The only warning message I've seen is one saying that
8 grub.conf may need to be edited, it doesn't.
9
10 If you trust the makefile to install the modules, why not the kernel
11 too? It's a lot easier than manually renaming three files (kernel,
12 System.map and config), renaming the three symlinks to them, copying
13 three files and creating three new symlinks.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 EMail - garbage at the speed of light.