From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The current correct way to start kde 4
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:07:55
1 On 28/12/2009 1:03 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Montag 28 Dezember 2009, Kirill Lipatov wrote:
3 >> well yeah. I just think that setting the kdm as the login manager is the
4 >> easiest way to automatically start kde4 session after loging in. However,
5 >> kdm is of course not mandatory and it can do more than just start kde4
6 >
7 > OP wrote he wanted 'kde' as login manager. Which implies he wants kdm.
10 Thank you gentlemen for your replies. Setting DISPLAYMANAGER to kdm in
11 /etc/conf.d/xmd it will be then. My confusion comes from there being
12 posts suggesting this method, others setting XSESSION in
13 /etc/env.d/90xsession, things mentioning /etc/X11/sessions and so on.
14 I've still got my training wheels on so it can be a bit confusing at times.
15
16 Once again, thanks,
17
18 Andrew