From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movie editing softeware
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 19:17:42
1 On 21/12/2021 18:49, Spackman, Chris wrote:
2 > Wow, sorry, didn't realize this was such a sore issue. Especially
3 > considering we've already discussed several command line programs in
4 > this thread.
5 >
6 > To export:
7 >
8 > 1. press the red circular "export video" button (or go to File =>
9 > Export Project => Export Video);
10 >
11 > 2a. [optional] change the name of the video in the export window that
12 > pops up;
13 >
14 > 2b. press the "export video" button at the bottom of the window. Here,
15 > for me, the defaults work fine.
16
17 The problem is 2b. For me, it's an extremely simple case of "I gave you
18 a dot ts file, I want a dot ts file back".
19
20 The act of importing the ts file into the project seems to throw that
21 information away. I know a .ts is some sort of a container, with streams
22 and whatnot, but I don't have a clue what's in it. Why should I?
23
24 All I know is I want to end up with EXACTLY the same sort of file I
25 started with, and this seems exactly what most video editors don't have
26 a clue how to do!
27
28 (Like a word .docx - I don't give a monkeys what's inside it, I don't
29 need to, word takes care of all that. Why can't any half-decent video
30 editor do the same?)
31
32 And yes, I have tried. You're hearing the screams of frustration from
33 countless failed attempts.
34
35 Cheers,
36 Wol