From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 transparent panel
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 09:22:13
1 On Saturday 09 May 2009 10:52:35 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag 09 Mai 2009, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I was fiddling with Desktop Settings, and seem to have reverted my panel
6 > > back to some default. Now I've lost my semi-transparent panel and it's
7 > > replaced with some baby-blue thing. I've got lots of extra themes
8 > > installed and can't find the one I used to have (doh...).Plus the logout
9 > > dialog went back to standard.
10 > >
11 > > Anyone know a theme that does this, and also actually puts the "View"
12 > > "Ignore" text in Kopete's notification popups? There doesn't seem to be a
13 > > transparency setting in the panel's own configuration, I reckon it's a
14 > > theme thing?
15 >
16 > you can change the plasma themes in the workspace settings (right click on
17 > desktop) and search around. A lot of themes with transparency have some
18 > not- so-nice looking mode when effects are turned off. (glaze for example -
19 > the bar at the bottom becomes greyish, other some kind of blue).
20
21 I settled for Glassified eventually. It's not exactly what I had, but I can
22 live with it. My top requirement is that notification popups with clickable
23 buttons actually do have the text in them. Many third party themes out there
24 simply do not do this, which makes the entire theme kinda pointless :-)
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com