From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 transparent panel
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 08:52:41
1 On Samstag 09 Mai 2009, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I was fiddling with Desktop Settings, and seem to have reverted my panel
5 > back to some default. Now I've lost my semi-transparent panel and it's
6 > replaced with some baby-blue thing. I've got lots of extra themes installed
7 > and can't find the one I used to have (doh...).Plus the logout dialog went
8 > back to standard.
9 >
10 > Anyone know a theme that does this, and also actually puts the "View"
11 > "Ignore" text in Kopete's notification popups? There doesn't seem to be a
12 > transparency setting in the panel's own configuration, I reckon it's a
13 > theme thing?
14
15 you can change the plasma themes in the workspace settings (right click on
16 desktop) and search around. A lot of themes with transparency have some not-
17 so-nice looking mode when effects are turned off. (glaze for example - the bar
18 at the bottom becomes greyish, other some kind of blue).