From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lenovo USB Keyboard
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:36:21
1 On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 11:23:56AM +0100, Penguin Lover Stefan G. Weichinger squawked:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
3 >
4 > > I still get no output/event for those upper seven keys ... oh my.
5 > > At least I got a cleaned up xorg.conf for now ;-)
6 > >
7 > > It ain't that important although I would like to see them working, it's
8 > > a bit hard to understand that issues like this don't just work as well.
9 >
10 > Just to point that out: I am still interested in a solution if anyone ....
11
12 I have an Acer multimedia keyboard. I use xbindkeys to set the actions
13 related to multimedia keys.
14
15 Below is a snip of my .xbindkeysrc
16
17 ---------------------rc------------------
18 "amixer sset Headphone 1-"
19 m:0x0 + c:174
20
21 "amixer sset Headphone 1+"
22 m:0x0 + c:176
23
24 "amixer sset Headphone toggle"
25 m:0x0 + c:160
26
27 "mpc stop"
28 m:0x0 + c:164
29
30 "mpc toggle"
31 m:0x0 + c:162
32
33 "mpc prev"
34 m:0x0 + c:144
35
36 "mpc next"
37 m:0x0 + c:153
38
39 "mpc repeat"
40 m:0x4 + c:144
41
42 "mpc random"
43 m:0x4 + c:153
44
45 "xscreensaver-command -lock"
46 m:0x0 + c:223
47
48 "rxvt -T 'Mutt' -e /usr/bin/mutt"
49 m:0x0 + c:236
50
51 "/usr/local/bin/crxvt -T 'cMutt' -e /usr/bin/mutt"
52 m:0x4 + c:236
53
54 "/usr/local/bin/jrxvt -T 'jMutt' -e /usr/bin/mutt"
55 m:0x8 + c:236
56 ------------------------------end rc-------------------
57
58 As you can see, keycodes 174 annd 176 are volumes up and down,
59 160 is the mute button, 164, 162 are stop and play/pause, 144
60 and 153 are REW and FF, which I doubled up with meta keys to
61 get other features. 223 is the "screen saver" key. And 236 is
62 the "e-mail" key.
63
64 I've quite forgotten how I found these keycodes. But some of them
65 are quasi standard (I've seen the codes for volume and music player
66 work on other keyboards, including Dell laptops).
67
68 On my old laptop I used to use a different solution: I think I mapped
69 the appropriate keycodes to the XF86VolumeUp and similar keys and then
70 mapped those key events using the WM.
71
72 I can try to dig out the old config if you'd like.
73
74 HTH,
75
76 W
77 --
78 Marten: That's like rule number one of dating-if the lady tells you
79 she wants to wait, you wait. Even if it means you get blueballed
80 so hard your nuts travel into the future due to relativistic effects.
81 Dora: Ah, the Hawking Libido Dilation Effect. Bane of frustrated young
82 men and physicists alike.
83 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1062 days, 21:17