From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lenovo USB Keyboard
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 22:26:45
1 On Wednesday 04 November 2009 22:38:40 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > As you can see, keycodes 174 annd 176 are volumes up and down,
3 > 160 is the mute button, 164, 162 are stop and play/pause, 144
4 > and 153 are REW and FF, which I doubled up with meta keys to
5 > get other features. 223 is the "screen saver" key. And 236 is
6 > the "e-mail" key.
7 >
8 > I've quite forgotten how I found these keycodes. But some of them
9 > are quasi standard (I've seen the codes for volume and music player
10 > work on other keyboards, including Dell laptops).
11
12 You could try xbindkeys -k or even use xev and look for the keycode amidst the
13 data that comes up on the terminal (but avoid moving the mouse at the same
14 time).
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick