From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Updating portage, continued
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 15:10:11
1 On 2019-06-04, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2019-06-03, n952162@×××.de <n952162@×××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Fundamentally, autounmask seems like something I don't want to do,
5 >> at all. What happens if I just remove zz-autounmask? What do I
6 >> have to emerge to find out?
7 >
8 > It occurs to one that it would probably be easier and faster to back
9 > up user directories and /etc, and then just do a clean install.
10
11 Alternatively, it's often easier to uninstall the packages that are
12 cuasing problems with the upgrade, get the system upgraded, then
13 reinstall the whatever was removed.
14
15 Of course you have to be careful not to uninstall something critical
16 (like Python). [We won't ask why I thought to mention that package
17 specifically.]
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Maybe I should have
21 at asked for my Neutron Bomb
22 gmail.com in PAISLEY --