From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3 : a nasty problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 04:15:53
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > My favorite game is the KDE 3 version of Mahjongg :
3 > no, the KDE 4 version is nowhere near as good (smile).
4 >
5 > Currently, users are being warned in big red letters
6 > that 'mDNSResponder' is masked & soon wb removed: the alternative is 'avahi'.
7 > I unmerged the former & emerged the latter,
8 > then tried to remerge the KDE 3 version of 'kdelibs': it failed;
9 > yes, I did add the 'avahi' USE flag.
10 >
11 > Luckily, I made a quickpkg of 'mDNSResponder' & was able to reinstall it
12 > after adding it to /etc/portage/package.unmask ,
13 > so Mahjongg 3 is back (big smile).
14 >
15 > However, I can't test 'kdelibs 3' again without unmerging 'mDNSResponder',
16 > so it's not nice to try to submit a bug
17 > & anyway how far are KDE Sunset bugs taken seriously ?
18 >
19 > Does anyone have advice ?
23 The best place to ask KDE3 questions is -desktop mailing list. The
24 people that are working on KDE3 are regulars there. I only mention
25 because you may not know since it not written anywhere that I am aware of.
26
27 I'd ask there and see what they say. If they have plans, I'm sure they
28 can explain the options better. It may take a day or so to get a reply
29 depending on who is there and when.
30
31 Hope that helps.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
39
40 Miss the compile output? Hint:
41 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"