From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: anti-portage wreckage?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 01:44:42
1 Mike Myers wrote:
2 > I just wanted to add something to the original post.
3 >
4 > I've recently began experimenting with Debian and noticed their
5 > updating system is exactly like what I was asking about. Basically,
6 > there's package updates, and then there's distro updates. Why is it
7 > unreasonable for Gentoo to have something like this? I think it would
8 > help Gentoo a lot in the server market, where scalability is important.
9 If Debian does what you want then why not go with it? What would be the
10 point in making Gentoo like Debian? Gentoo offers a different approach
11 which many of us like. It's all about choice - if you like Debian,
12 choose it - but don't expect Gentoo to turn into a Debian clone. It's
13 not going to happen.
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list