From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uncle: qt-*:4 dependencies/blocks preventing world update
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:06:57
1 On Sunday 25 October 2009 14:49:29 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > I finally was able to emerge -NuDav world, and revdep-rebuild passed the
3 > system as clean. However, when I try emerge -uDav world again, that same
4 > message, or some permutation of it, is presented.
5 >
6 > I have set the flags "dbus qt3support qt3 qt4" and so on. So that's not
7 > it.
8 >
9 > I unmerged a number of the involved packages, that looked something like
10 > "qt-*". I did this just before running the more or less successful "emerge
11 > -NuDav world". A week ago, I ran "emerge -e world". Perhaps I need to do
12 > this again.
13 >
14 > I've read a plethora of postings, such as a sticky post on the Gentoo
15 > Forums, and some of these emails, as well as googling, and tried several
16 > things.
17 >
18 > When this all began, about three weeks ago, or longer, I noticed problems
19 > with
20 >
21 > hplip
22 > python
23 >
24 > I have python 3.1 and python 2.6 installed, Some advice was seen to make
25 > sure eselect is pointing to 2.6. I also ran python-updater.
26 >
27 > A new work week is starting, my system is responding normally, I will avoid
28 > KDE4, and type this all shakes itself out, over the next week or so.
29 >
30 > Thank you to those who have helped. Good luck to others.
31
32 Did you try the most straightforward (albeit lengthy) approach:
33
34 unmerge all of Qt
35 emerge world and let portage figure out what it wants to put back
36
37 There is seldom a good reason to have Qt packages in world (dev packages
38 excepted) and recent changes in the ebuild have caused lots of mutual
39 blockers. When I first went through this, I saw that almost all qt-* packages
40 would be rebuilt on my machines. It seemed easier to restart with a clean
41 slate. I got a blocker notice which said I had to enable various flags, which
42 I did and the merge completed flawlessly.
46 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com