From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Uncle: qt-*:4 dependencies/blocks preventing world update
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 12:49:51
1 I finally was able to emerge -NuDav world, and revdep-rebuild passed the
2 system as clean. However, when I try emerge -uDav world again, that same
3 message, or some permutation of it, is presented.
4
5 I have set the flags "dbus qt3support qt3 qt4" and so on. So that's not
6 it.
7
8 I unmerged a number of the involved packages, that looked something like
9 "qt-*". I did this just before running the more or less successful "emerge
10 -NuDav world". A week ago, I ran "emerge -e world". Perhaps I need to do
11 this again.
12
13 I've read a plethora of postings, such as a sticky post on the Gentoo
14 Forums, and some of these emails, as well as googling, and tried several
15 things.
16
17 When this all began, about three weeks ago, or longer, I noticed problems
18 with
19
20 hplip
21 python
22
23 I have python 3.1 and python 2.6 installed, Some advice was seen to make
24 sure eselect is pointing to 2.6. I also ran python-updater.
25
26 A new work week is starting, my system is responding normally, I will avoid
27 KDE4, and type this all shakes itself out, over the next week or so.
28
29 Thank you to those who have helped. Good luck to others.
30
31 Alan