From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMWare Hypervisor - SD vs CF card?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:39:12
1 On 2012-06-23 7:11 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2012-06-22 12:26 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> OK, I missed that piece. I presumed there would be writes to the hard
4 >> disk.
5 >>
6 >> Any reason you can't have these guys netboot?
7 >
8 > Only that I've never done that before with servers, and my only
9 > experience with netbooting at all was with LTSP about 10 years ago.
10 >
11 > I think having 4 CF cards (mirrored pair of mirrored pairs) will be
12 > enough redundancy though... ;)
13
14 Well, these seem to work swimmingly well... now I just need to find some
15 kind of non-flammable/heat resistant insulating material that I can use
16 to keep these cards from touching themselves or the metal cage (see
17 below)...
18
19 > Oh... one other question...
20 >
21 > These CF adapters only have 2 screw holes (made to go into laptops, not
22 > mounted in a cage), so I can't mount them *properly* in the cage...
23 > anyone know where I can get 2.5" 'shell' cases that I could install
24 > these cards in so I can mount them properly? Right now I have to shove a
25 > piece of anti-static material in between them and the cage (and each
26 > other) to prevent them from accidentally touching (yuck!)...
27 >