From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VMWare Hypervisor - SD vs CF card?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 11:13:56
1 On 2012-06-22 12:26 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, I missed that piece. I presumed there would be writes to the hard disk.
3 >
4 > Any reason you can't have these guys netboot?
5
6 Only that I've never done that before with servers, and my only
7 experience with netbooting at all was with LTSP about 10 years ago.
8
9 I think having 4 CF cards (mirrored pair of mirrored pairs) will be
10 enough redundancy though... ;)
11
12 Oh... one other question...
13
14 These CF adapters only have 2 screw holes (made to go into laptops, not
15 mounted in a cage), so I can't mount them *properly* in the cage...
16 anyone know where I can get 2.5" 'shell' cases that I could install
17 these cards in so I can mount them properly? Right now I have to shove a
18 piece of anti-static material in between them and the cage (and each
19 other) to prevent them from accidentally touching (yuck!)...