From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting different MAILFROM for different cron jobs
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 12:55:42
1 On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 07:22:30 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > I use plus addressing extensively (for mail filtering mostly), but for
4 > the life of me cannot figure out how to get cron emails to have a
5 > different MAILFROM other than just 'root'.
6 >
7 > I'd like for each job to have a different MAILFROM... ie:
8 >
9 > rkhunter cronjob should be from host+rkhunter@×××××××.com, etc...
10 >
11 > Anyone know how to do this? I can't believe it isn't possible...
12
13 cron mails are sent from the user running the cron job, but some programs
14 have an option to set the address for any mails they send (not their
15 stdout that goes through cron). rkhunter is one of these.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Q: How many accountants does it take to screw in a light bulb?
22 A: What kind of answer did you have in mind?