From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting different MAILFROM for different cron jobs
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 13:25:55
1 On 2014-01-19 7:55 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 07:22:30 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >
4 >> I use plus addressing extensively (for mail filtering mostly), but for
5 >> the life of me cannot figure out how to get cron emails to have a
6 >> different MAILFROM other than just 'root'.
7 >>
8 >> I'd like for each job to have a different MAILFROM... ie:
9 >>
10 >> rkhunter cronjob should be from host+rkhunter@×××××××.com, etc...
11 >>
12 >> Anyone know how to do this? I can't believe it isn't possible...
13 >
14 > cron mails are sent from the user running the cron job, but some programs
15 > have an option to set the address for any mails they send (not their
16 > stdout that goes through cron). rkhunter is one of these.
17
18 Yes, and I have set it, but it doesn't change the MAILFROM.
19
20 Here is what I have in /etc/cron.daily/rkhunter:
21
22 > # Set this to 'yes' if you wish the output to be mailed to you
23 > SEND_EMAIL=yes
24 >
25 > # NOTE: the following EMAIL_* variables are only relevant if you set the
26 > # SEND_EMAIL variable to 'yes'
27 > EMAIL_SUBJECT="${HOSTNAME}: rkhunter output"
28 > EMAIL_SENDER="myhost+rkhunter@×××××××.com"
29 > EMAIL_RECIPIENT="myuser+rkhunter-report@×××××××.com"
30 > EMAIL_CMD="|mail -s \"${EMAIL_SUBJECT}\" ${EMAIL_RECIPIENT}"
31
32 I get the email, but it says it is from 'root'.
33
34 I also tried commenting out entirely the EMAIL_CMD line, but then I
35 don't get the email at all.
36
37 So, am I missing something?