From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:56:26
1 burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
2 > So yes, that is a circular dependency, even without Gentoo involved.
3 > Not everything is simple, and not everything is cut and dry. Sometimes
4 > the problem is not directly the package manager's fault. Give them time
5 > to work out all the glitches. 7.2 is fairly new. The chip used by most
6 > AMD64 machines, and a handful of Intel machines is not supported by the
7 > Vendor with 7.2. All the support at this time has to come from the
8 > Community, until updated drivers are released.
9
10 Well, I really don't know what all this talk of glitches and circular
11 dependencies is all about. I just installed Gentoo with xorg, kde, etc.
12 on a brand new machine I built yesterday. It's an Abit motherboard with
13 an vVidia chipset (nForce 4 Ultra) and an nVidia GeForce 7300GT video
14 card. It all install without a single issue. In fact, I am typing this
15 on that very machine. :)
18 Be lucky,
19
20 Neil