From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] App/plugin to play CD?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 00:44:43
1 On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 11:24:22PM +0100, Ognjen Bezanov wrote
2
3 > Note that in both drivers, you need to state you want to use DAE
4 > rather then the old analog method (this is due to the fact that not
5 > all CD-ROM's have good DAE capabilities). Under "CD Audio Player",
6 > you need to set "Play mode" to "Digital audio extraction", along
7 > with configuring/checking your drive.
8 >
9 > In portage they are called:
10 >
11 > "media-plugins/xmms-cdaudio" => "CD Audio Player"
12 > and
13 > "media-plugins/xmms-cdread" => "AudioCD Reader"
14 >
15 > emerge one of them, restart xmms, and you're set ;)
16
17 Neither of them will spin up the CD when I tell xmms to play the
18 AudioCD. cdaudio does spin the CD and properly list the tracks and
19 their lengths when I select "Check drive". Any ideas?
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
23 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list